Sanguine Underneath Afterall

 


I didn't think you were like that

charm and burn

put the moves on

like you mean them

caught up

then bored

forgetting that the other was real

not just a toy and a meal

something every woman

needs to harden her heart against

being the flavour of the week

sparkle, shine, peak

then they lose interest in their toy

I have my hands for sex without heart

do not want my feelings ripped apart

I would rather not hope for security

being disappointed by lack of surety

ooh a golden moment of hearts and bodies together?

rather have something sturdy, solid, made to weather.

the ruse is your fun, a charade, a cosplay

I want the meaningful everyday

you come to me saying you are broken

of course I want to tape you back together

kiss all your wounds better

heal the trauma in your heart

love you where you feel unlovable

but they all said that

it was just so I would stay when they were screaming

or stay when they ignored me

because they don't usually like touch

or small talk

I was supposed to press my body around the spines

to hold the heart guarded within

bleeding on the tragic armour

of the wounded knight

oh glorious beloved star, my healing love

sought

then forgot

promise me forever

tell me how your heart beats for me

pursue me for moons

then grow cold

and expect me to wait

until you warm again

seeking me for your pleasure

no thanks






Comments