Rebellious Woman
I slipped the chains
slipped your chains
not even for you
can I settle
not even for you
my radiant beloved
love made me a well
that thirsty men drank from
leaving behind wilt and rust
marring, scarring, consuming
I wanted to be an Angel
I wanted to mend broken hearts
soothe ravaged souls
heal and nourish from the wounds of grief
you don't deserve it
one who has walked above the glass
I am a Morlock
you are an Eloi
I can no slake thirst
no longer ease hunger of the soul
with my tenderness
I just want to get up above the glass
to be in the sun
there is a sorrow in no longer being
that nurturing lap
but there was a moment
brief moment
of happiness
in being inedible
oh!
to be at peace with my barbs
to let my love of self
encircle me with protection
centre me on my path
upwards
beyond the glass
Comments
Post a Comment